there finally is a Cyanogen Mod available for the Motorola Milestone
It brings you Android 2.2 Froyo with all the nice features like apps2sd, market auto-update option, …
Of course it’s not a full custom rom since the Milestone Bootloader still isn’t cracked so there is no custom kernel running behind this CM6.
The installation is straight forward:
- Download CM6 for Milestone from http://android.doshaska.net/cm6
- Install OpenRecovery 1.37 (or newer) on your sd card (http://modmymobile.com/forums/563-motorola-milestone-roms/531599-open-recovery-v1-37-08-23-2010-a.html)
- Boot into OR
- Make a full nandroid backup of your current system
- Fully wipe (all three wipe options) your system
- Restore the CM6 nandroid Backup
- Now you’re good to go. CM6 should be booting.
- There already is a first bugfix update which is available here http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone
- Simply download the zip and apply it via OR. This fixes Wifi and aGPS issues
I’m so happy with Android 2.2 finally available on my Milestone It runs very fast. Before i had 2.1-update1 overclocked @800Mhz. Now i’m not overclocking anything and it feels smoother and faster And i love apps2sd and market auto-update i love it.
NOTE: if you run into the same problem i had: reboot loop, you have to flash a full sbf first and then install CM6. I tried many things but i couldn’t fix the reboot loop without flash a full sbf first…