there finally is a Cyanogen Mod available for the Motorola Milestone 🙂
It brings you Android 2.2 Froyo with all the nice features like apps2sd, market auto-update option, …
Of course it’s not a full custom rom since the Milestone Bootloader still isn’t cracked so there is no custom kernel running behind this CM6.
The installation is straight forward:
- Download CM6 for Milestone from http://android.doshaska.net/cm6
- Install OpenRecovery 1.37 (or newer) on your sd card (http://modmymobile.com/forums/563-motorola-milestone-roms/531599-open-recovery-v1-37-08-23-2010-a.html)
- Boot into OR
- Make a full nandroid backup of your current system
- Fully wipe (all three wipe options) your system
- Restore the CM6 nandroid Backup
- Now you’re good to go. CM6 should be booting.
- There already is a first bugfix update which is available here http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone
- Simply download the zip and apply it via OR. This fixes Wifi and aGPS issues
I’m so happy with Android 2.2 finally available on my Milestone 🙂 It runs very fast. Before i had 2.1-update1 overclocked @800Mhz. Now i’m not overclocking anything and it feels smoother and faster 🙂 And i love apps2sd and market auto-update 🙂 i love it.
NOTE: if you run into the same problem i had: reboot loop, you have to flash a full sbf first and then install CM6. I tried many things but i couldn’t fix the reboot loop without flash a full sbf first…