Perform all three wipes (cache, davlik cache, data)
Apply CM7 update
Apply gapps update
Reboot and be happy 🙂
NOTE: when i installed CM7 there was no GoogleMail app. So i just installed „MarketEnabler“ from the market and changed my phone temporary to US (T-Mobile) and installed the GoogleMail app from the market the normal way. Works like a charm 🙂
there are some news on Gingerbread for the Motorola Milestone.
The developer of the CyanogenMod port for the Motorola Milestone – nadlabak – has stated on his page (http://android.doshaska.net/cm6) that he is working on the gingerbread port for the Motorola Milestone.
I’m working on it (albeit slowly) – see the gingerbread branches at https://github.com/nadlabak
Current status: it boots, wifi and battery charging works. No gsm/umts yet. New sensor interface is in progress but not fully working yet.
The whole CM is moving to gingerbread, the repos are receiving tens of commits everyday by many great developers involved.
Be patient, there’s still a lot of work to be done.
So, let’s see what he will be coming up with und next fews days or weeks 🙂
i am using the latest version of CM6 on my Motorola Milestone. The one based on the G.O.T. sbf with the 2.2 test kernel.
I was experiencing a significant battery drain. The battery wouldn’t hold a whole day… 🙁
So i did a little analysis.
First i found a little hidden feature of Android. Go to the phone app and type: *#*#4636#*#*. This will bringt up some stats. Most interesting are the battery usage stats.
Here is saw that „Being executed“ („Wird ausgeführt“ in german) had 100%. That means that the Milestone didn’t go to deep sleep at all. So i tried to find out why. There is another stats screen titled „usage in partial sleep mode“ or something like that („Verwendung im Teilwachzustand“ in german). There i saw „Facebook“ with nearly 70% of all apps that were listed there.
So i went to the facebook app and deactivated the notifications (which didn’t work for me anyway). And the problem was fixed. The Milestone is now going into deep sleep normally and the battery drain is gone 🙂
Hope that helps many of you out there suffering under the battery drain!
Simply download the zip and apply it via OR. This fixes Wifi and aGPS issues
I’m so happy with Android 2.2 finally available on my Milestone 🙂 It runs very fast. Before i had 2.1-update1 overclocked @800Mhz. Now i’m not overclocking anything and it feels smoother and faster 🙂 And i love apps2sd and market auto-update 🙂 i love it.
NOTE: if you run into the same problem i had: reboot loop, you have to flash a full sbf first and then install CM6. I tried many things but i couldn’t fix the reboot loop without flash a full sbf first…
i was experiencing a problem on my Milestone (Android 2.1). When i clicked on any Flurry Ad that led to a market://… link nothing happened. Instead there was an error in my Logcat saying „could not find a resolving intent on ad click“. On my friend’s Milestone it didn’t work either.
So i made a workaround: I hosted a PHP file on my webserver which just redirects to the market link. Because clicking ads that lead to webpages work perfectly fine…
So i created the following file called market_redirect.php on my webserver:
i’m proud to announce that „Android Bash“ now has more then 1000 downloads in the Android Market 🙂
It let’s you view quotes from various bash sources like iBash.de, German-Bash.de or Bash.org in the categories latest, best and random.
i think many of you know the problem with android 2.x phones: they can’t connect to pptp vpn servers which have encryption enabled.
You get the error:
E/pppd ( 6070): unrecognized option ‚+mppe‘
But since yesterday this problem is solved 🙂 I had a similar idea for a while now but didn’t have the time to try it. As the error message states „pppd“ is missing the +mppe feature. So, why not just compile it WITH the mppe feature and replace the original binary. And guess what: a guy „qvr“ at Alldroid (http://alldroid.org/threads/15944-VPN-PPTP-modules-needed) just did exactly that. And now guess again: IT’S WORKING JUST FINE 🙂
Now i got vpn working at my university 🙂 Thank you so much qvr!
Just go the alldroid posting and follow the link to his binaries. I just backed up the original files and replaced them with qvr’s. Everything with the Root-Explorer (of course, you need root to do that!).